These days, spending even just an hour at the gym isn’t ideal. It’s usually packed, costly, and often difficult to squeeze into your busy schedule. But if you want to lose weight effectively and quickly, you need to work out. Fortunately, you don’t have to get a gym membership to get in shape. You can achieve your weight loss goals in the comfort of your own home.
Benefits of Exercising at Home
Setting up your very own exercise center at home has many advantages.
- It’s convenient and saves time. You can exercise anytime you want. You don’t have to travel from home, school, or work to the gym, and you don’t have to wait for your turn at the treadmill or other exercise machines.
- It’s less costly. Unless you’re buying that high-end luxury equipment, exercising at home is often cheaper. You don’t have to pay for an annual membership that you might not even maximize.
- There’s no dress code. You can wear whatever you want and simply focus on your workout. Just make sure to wear clean clothes because bacteria, dead skin cells, and oils on unwashed clothes can clog your pores and cause acne.
- You have privacy. You can complete an intense workout and sweat excessively without feeling self-conscious. Still, don’t compromise good personal hygiene and your skincare routine even when you’ve brought the gym to your home.
How to Choose the Best Weight Loss Machine
Before you whip out your credit card, ask yourself these three questions to help you decide which is the best weight loss equipment for you:
- How much space do you have? Check if you have any spare room you can convert into your fitness center. Find out if you can place several exercise machines in your dedicated space or if you should consider foldable exercise equipment.
- How do you plan to work out? Ask yourself what type of exercise you enjoy doing. This will help you determine which equipment to buy. For instance, if you like running, buy a treadmill. If you prefer a workout that’s easy on your joints, opt for an elliptical.
- How fast do you want to lose weight? Consider how intense of a workout you can get out of a machine. If you’re looking to quickly shed pounds, get a rowing machine for a full-body workout that can help you burn up to 720 calories an hour.
Now that you know how much space you have and what kind of workout you want, here are some of the best home exercise equipment designed to help you lose weight.
Whether you’ve just started running or you’re already a regular at marathons, a treadmill is a great option for anyone who wants to lose weight and build cardiovascular endurance. Giving you the option to walk or run on a horizontal or inclined surface, you can burn up to a thousand calories per hour as you get your calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, glutes, and abdominals moving. A treadmill also allows you to set custom programs. You could run at a steep incline for some intense cardiovascular training to build strength, or you could do some light cardio just to get rid of the weight you gained during your period.
One of the biggest benefits of getting a treadmill is that it allows you to multitask while exercising. You can watch TV or read a book while running. You can also fold most treadmills for easier storage.
An elliptical offers a low-impact workout great for balance, coordination, toning, and weight loss. While exercising on an elliptical lets you focus on burning fat on the lower part of your body and building muscle in your legs, you can use the handles and add different resistance settings to also work on your biceps, triceps, chest, back, and core. Even though this all-rounder lets you burn between 550 and 850 calories per hour, it’s easy on your body, putting only a little stress on your joints and lowering the risk of injury.
Not only does an elliptical let you burn body fat and a lot of calories, but it also boosts your stamina and improves your balance and coordination.
A rowing machine gives you a full-body, low-impact workout that combines cardio and resistance training. While it puts minimal stress on your body and joints because you’re in a seated position, it still effectively targets muscles both in your lower and upper body and lets you burn between 480 and 720 calories per hour. Aside from lowering the risk of injury because it’s low-impact, it also lets you build better posture.
A rowing machine is the home exercise equipment of choice for those who want to lose weight, get a full-body workout, improve their lower body conditioning, increase their stamina and endurance, and improve their overall cardiovascular health at reduced risk of injury.
A stair climber engages and strengthens your core, glutes, calves, hamstrings, and quadriceps. It helps you build core muscle strength as you burn between 450 and 650 calories per hour. It’s a great home exercise machine for burning body fat, strengthening your heart and lungs, and toning your lower body. It’s also available in different types and sizes, with most machines built with a calorie-counting calculator. Similar to a treadmill, a stair climber lets you multitask while exercising.
Ultimately, the best weight loss equipment for your home is the one you will regularly use.
You can buy the most advanced treadmill or the most expensive multi-gym system, but if you will only let it gather dust, then it’s just like another unused gym membership. To effectively lose weight even at home, you need to grab your running shoes, get on those exercise machines, and do the work.
About The Author:
Kat is a Molecular Biology Scientist turned Growth Marketing Scientist. During her free time, she loves to write articles that will bring delight, empower women, and spark the business mind. She loves to bake but unfortunately, baking doesn’t love her back. She has many things in her arsenal and writing is one of her passion projects.